A Contacts Manager for your SMS campaigns and services
Your online Message Centre account includes Contacts Manager - our web-based application for storing contact names and numbers for your SMS campaigns and services. Quickly add, edit or import numbers into Contacts Manager, then compose and schedule your bulk SMS text message; all from your web-based account.
Contacts Manager highlights
- Powerful search - fast and intuitive search to quickly find your contacts and groups.
- Easy administration - add single numbers or import thousands in one go.
- Fine grained control - assign contacts to multiple sub-groups.
- Automatic number import - send a message to a new number and it will automatically be added to your Contacts Manager.
- Great compatibility - import numbers from Excel spreadsheet, CSV file, and your Outlook Address Book.
- Quick download - export your Contacts Manager number to a file for offline editing
- Message merge with placeholders - automatically merge contact names and details into your bulk SMS text messages.
What can I store in Contacts Manager?
You can store an unlimited amount of mobile numbers in your Contacts Manager, with each contact having the following fields:
|Mobile or cell phone number||The telephone number of the recipient in full international format||Yes||16|
|Group||An arbitrary group name that you will find useful||20|
|Given name||The first or given name of the person||48|
|Family name||The family name of the person||48|
|Full name||The full name of the person||64|
|Field1||A custom field to use in your message||40|
|Field2||A second custom field to use in your message||40|
Mobile number format for Contacts Manager
You should add mobile/cell phone numbers to your Contacts Manager using the International Phone Number Format. Numbers should only contain the digits 0123456789, and there should be no spaces or punctuation.
Message Merge using Placeholders
You can automatically merge information from your Contacts Manager into your bulk SMS text messages by using placeholders. Our SMS gateway will automatically substitute the placeholders for the corresponding values for each contact taken from your Contacts Manager. For example, composing a message containing placeholders like this:
Dear <#FULLNAME#>, Thanks for registering for the <#GROUP#> event. Your entry ticket is <#FIELD1#>. We hope you enjoy this year's great event.
Would result in SMS text messages being sent out that look like this:
Hello Joe Bloggs, Thanks for registering for the 10km run fundraising event. Your entry ticket is ENT447711. We hope you enjoy this year's great event.
The following placeholders are available for Message Merge:
<#GIVENNAME#> <#FAMILYNAME#> <#FULLNAME#> <#GROUP#> <#MOBILE#> <#FIELD1#> <#FIELD2#>
Getting started with Contacts Manager
You can add contact names and numbers to your Contacts Manager by logging in to your account and selecting Contacts Manager from your Message Centre menu.