Privacy and Security Policy
Your IP Address
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information, and to satisfy our curiosity about the range of our web visitors. We also collect information about which web browsers are used and what language you have selected to use on your computer so that we can make informed decisions about upgrades to our products and the web site.
We sometimes record which pages are visited in order to help us to improve the navigation and content of our site. We record all search requests so that we can improve our site.
Your e-mail, postal address and phone numbers
Some of our products, and the website itself, use a registration form to collect contact information. Your contact information may be used to contact you about new or improved products, changes to the web site or company information. Your e-mail addresses will never be given or sold to any other company or person. Your identity will never be disclosed outside Connection Software unless we are forced to do so by a court order.
Mobile Numbers you supply
All mobile, cell and pager numbers that you supply to us when you send messages or that you upload to the list manager are treated as absolutely confidential to you. We never sell or give these numbers to anyone outside of Connection Software unless we are forced to do so by a court order. We never use these numbers to send unsolicited messages.
If you send unsolicited or offensive messages to anyone and the recipient complains to us directly or indirectly through a statutory body then we will contact the recipient and you to resolve the problem. In the same way that we respect your privacy we also respect the privacy of recipients - see our Acceptable Use Policy.
Disclosing your Information
We may disclose your information to our partners, agents and sub-contractors (including prospective partners, agents and sub-contractors) who are involved in the delivery of products or services used or ordered by you;
- In response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- During emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk;
- In response to a complaint that that there has been a breach of the Services terms & conditions or any other product or service terms of which you have been notified.
- To credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies;
- To other communications companies;
- To any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency;
- Where there is a change (or prospective change) in the ownership of Connection Software Limited to new or prospective owners of Telefonica UK Limited. In these circumstances we would require them to keep it confidential.
- Where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect Connection Software or third party rights and property; or
- Where you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify or suspect fraud.
- Where we, or an affiliate processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law.
Retention of Information
We retain information only for as long as we need it. In relation to the following information we are required to retain it for not less than six months and not more than two years in order to ensure that this information is available for the purpose of the investigation, detection and prosecution of serious crime;
- User ID and telephone number allocated to any communication entering the public SMS network;
- Name and address of subscriber to whom an Internet Protocol (IP) address, user ID or telephone number was allocated at the time of a communication;
- User ID or telephone number of the recipient of an SMS message;
- Name and address of subscriber and user ID of the intended recipient of a communication;
- Date and time of log-in and log-off of our Internet access service, IP address and user ID of the subscriber;
- Internet service used.
This web site is secured using a Thawte Digital Certificate. This ensures that all information you send to us via your IP connection will be encrypted. Please click on the Thawte Authentic Site Seal which will verify the validity of our Thawte Certificate, and our commitment to your security.
Credit/Debit Card details
We do not keep, or even see, your credit/debit card details. The final part of all E-commerce transactions, where you enter credit/debit card information, is carried out on the Secure Trading payment gateway. We have chosen not to know, or record, your credit/debit card details so that there can be no possibility of us compromising your credit/debit card in any way. In the event of fraud we can, and usually do, obtain the details of the credit/debit card from Secure Trading and our bankers.
You may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time. Please e-mail support(at)csoft.co.uk to request de-activation, deletion, changes, or modification of your entry in Connection Software's mailing list.